Saturday, December 27, 2008

Review...Future...

It is an interesting experience when drafting my SOP and Essays. I need to review my whole life from I was born on earth, moreover, I need to plan my future dream in details based on these histories. The process of reviewing my past is a meaningful procedure. Not only do I need to make every my choices reasonable, but aslo to come up with an idea to accumulate all those experiences for an achievable future plan. It is just like to be a story maker, and the main role of this story is myself.
I can't help wonder..., Has everyone, who made decision in his past, thought a future plan afterward? Is there nothing called impulse in your decision?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Ariel said...

We could talk about the question you poped in the last paragraph. I have viewpoints to share with you. ^^

Besides, concerning SOP and Essays, I would like to help you. I'm an excellent storyteller and expert at writing this stuff. I've helped several friends proofread, edit, and challenge their "masterpieces"! :p~ I could be the most honest and truest critique for you! :)

4:31 PM  
Blogger 再見金光源 said...

wow, this is my first time to read your blog! Sorry for the delay :p

I agree with you that composing SOP is a process of reviewing one's past and planning for the future, so that's why I think applicants should complete the CV first.

Though we are required to present a reasnable plan that makes sense to the admissions committee, most of the time when we make the decision, however, the plan is rather impulsive and with personal preference over the other plan. That doesn't hurt, actually. My stay in Boston, say, was an impulsive choice, but obviously I am benefited from that experience :)

So make up your plan, but trust yourself when two roads diverged in a yellow wood :)

12:32 AM  
Blogger Connie Kung said...

What had happened since you posted the article? Did you submit them? Hey, you are not going to tell everyone that you are going to a B-school all of a sudden, are you? Anyway, I believe both in planning and impulses and I use my "feeling" to balance them. Why? because of the principle shared in the book "the secrete", feeling is the ultimate channel to our sub-consciousness, our hidden six senses, and to the universe.

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home